Muji Coloring Pencil Set Review
Muji is a Japanese homewares brand that sells a range of products through its online store and physical stores around the world. They have a large range of stationery products including coloring pencils.
I purchased my Muji coloring pencil set of 60 pencils in-store in Sydney a couple of years ago now. Over the years they have remained in the packaging that I purchased them in. Although the tube has a few dents on it, it is still in very good condition.
Fast Summary of the Muji Coloring Pencils
- well packaged in a cardboard tube
- pre-sharpened pencils
- sets available in 60, 36 or 12 sets in full-length pencil. A set of 36 mini pencils is also available
- pencils have well-centred cores and cedarwood casing
- believe they are wax-based and student quality but have been unable to confirm that information
- soft pencils, making it easy to blend and on the hands
- I do not believe that they are lightfast
- good quality for the price
- selection of colors in the set of 60 is adequate for most coloring books
- blend easily and work well on a range of papers
- sharpens well without breakage
- The white pencil doesn’t seem to blend very well in the books that I used. I personally prefer my Prismacolor white pencil or Caran D’Ache luminance white pencil
- replacement pencils cannot be purchased open stock
- pencils have a number not a name on the barrel which is difficult to read
- a larger range of pencils – 72, for example, would be lovely to have
In the video you can see me test out the coloring pencils by swatching them, erasing and sharpening them and using them on several coloring book pages. I am very fond of these pencils and will continue to use them in my coloring books.
Where to buy Muji Colored Pencil Set
You can also purchase from Muji
Other products used in the video review of the Muji coloring pencil set
Happy coloring x